Well if you are, this one’s for you.
Personally, I never had a thing for donuts…
Or had I just completely blocked em’ out of my mind? Deep-fried dough with warm chocolate glaze… better for a Health Coach to avoid the thought of it, right? 😉
Nah. You and I both know that whole avoidance thing never works anyway.
So, when donuts were recently brought back into my life during a spontaneous trip to the West Coast… and when they were even more delicious than I’d remembered,
well, I thought, it’s time to bring em’ back for good.
Raw (vegan) Donut Holes w/ Maple Vanilla or Chocolate Glaze
To make the donuts:
1. Process 2/3 C rolled oats, 2/3 C cashews, 1 C dates, and a pinch or two of sea salt
2. Roll into balls and place on a tray lined with parchment paper
3. Place in the freezer while making the glaze
To make the glaze:
1. Heat 2 tbsp. coconut oil on low
2. Use a whisk to mix in 2 tbsp. maple syrup and 1/4 tsp. vanilla
*for chocolate glaze, simply add in 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
Roll each donut into the glaze and place back onto the parchment paper. Place them all back in the freezer and repeat the steps as needed to make a thicker glaze (I added three layers of glaze to mine). Keep refrigerated when you are done.
Simple as that! Cuz, seriously, you should never avoid the thought of donuts.