- Higher magnesium content than almost all other foods
Who cares? Magnesium is an essential mineral most of us are deficient in and is needed for over 300 biochemical reactions. Multiple studies have shown that calcium supplemented with magnesium helps with the absorption of calcium and improves bone mineral density. Magnesium also helps prevent cardiovascular disease and may reduce the risk of strokes.
- Flavonoid content
Flavo – what?? Flavonoids are compounds that may induce mechanisms which affect cancer cells and inhibit tumor invasion.
- Antioxidant level
What are antioxidants anyway? Antioxidants are molecules capable of preventing oxidation. Oxidation can produce free radicals and can start harmful chain reactions. Oxidative stress is thought to contribute to a large number of illnesses, including cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Full of light energy from the sun and oxygen that has been absorbed into the flower
- Full of vitamins, minerals and enzymes
- Considered antiseptic (reduces possibility of infection)
- Although a sweetener, because of its low glycemic index, can actually lower blood sugar levels
3. Coconut Oil
- Considered “healthiest oil on earth”
Really? Yes, really. Multiple studies have shown nearly non-existant rates of heart disease among populations of people who consume 30-60% dietary intake from coconut oil.
- Contains 50% lauric acid, a “miracle compound”, which has anti viral, anti bacterial properties
For this reason, among many others, coconut oil experts recommend eating at least 3 tablespoons per day.
- Natures most rich source of medium-chain fatty acids
And?… Medium-chain fatty acids are smaller and easier to digest than long-chain fatty-acids and for this reason are immediately burned for energy, boosting metabolism. Your body will use this fat rather than store it.
- Improves skin and hair condition
- Contains numerous nutrients and minerals including iron, magnesium, folate, potassium and copper
- Contains Omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin C and vitamin A
- Nourishes hair and skin
- Eases muscle aches and headaches
- Great for dental care
- Historically used to to ease respiratory pain and congestion, deep coughs, stomach ailments
- Regulates menstruation
- Helps lower stress and anxiety
6. Brazil Nuts
- High in mono unsaturated fat (aka the GOOD fat), which research shows helps lower LDL “bad cholesterol” in the blood
- Exceptionally high in selenium, a trace mineral associated with preventing coronary heart disease and cancers
- High in Vitamin D and B-complex group vitamins
7. Sea Salt
- Salt from the Himalayas known as “white gold”
- Promotes a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells
- Prevents muscle cramps
**Please note: all benefits of these ingredients are lowered significantly, if not completely eliminated, when products are highly heated and processed. Eating raw and organic is essential if you’d like these products to enhance your health.